- The next evening at dinner, Porter shared two of his favorite hot wheels with Ry and I. He got a big grin on his face and said:
"I just filled your buckets! I'm a bucket filler!" - The other morning, he was in bed with me and trying to steal my pillow. For some reason he really likes my pillow and, well, I do too. He said to me, extremely seriously...
"Mom, remember we read the book about buckets? Now, we can both share your pillow."
HAHA! I was totally not expecting that one. - We had this conversation after he bit his brother:
Me: "I'm so sad that Hudson's bucket is so empty right now."
Porter said "And my bucket is full!"
Me: "No... no your bucket is very empty too. Its so sad."
Porter got a very sad look on his face and said "Yeah, I was being a bucket dipper. But.... Hudson was being a bucket dipper too!"
I told him "Well, instead, you could have been a bucket filler for him and you both would have very full buckets right now instead of empty ones."
He says... "Yeah...."
Pages
▼
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Bucket Filling at its finest
Porter seems to be catching on to this bucket filling. I had picked up these two books from the (Lucy Calkins) Literacy Conference I attended for work last week. We've read them with Porter a couple times before bed and discussed behaviors that will fill buckets and behaviors that make you a bucket dipper. I wasn't quite sure how or if he would catch on. But...
Nicole
No comments:
Post a Comment