Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ho hum weekend

I haven't posted since Friday. I must have turned into one of those bloggers who go MIA over the weekend...

Honestly, we have had quite the low key weekend. Which is perfectly fine with me. After last weekend and the beginning of the week, I'm a-ok with ho-hum. We've done so much of nothing that I can't even think of what to recap on here!

Last night we had my mom and her boyfriend over for dinner. Afterward we played Phase 10 and watched some My Big Redneck Wedding. Woah, seriously... are these people for real? Have you ever watched that show? If not... you should.

Would you believe me if I told you I was actually able to get Porter to interact with me while I tried taking some pictures of him? This kid... I tell you... he totally shuts down when I pull out the camera. He wants nothing to do with it and won't interact/talk/laugh/giggle with me at all. Well... I did have to do a little bribing. I let him play in the blinds. Playing peek-a-boo. Of COURSE that would work! HAHA!

And then after that I convinced him that "Camera" would give him marshmallows if he sang songs to it. I had a little stash of Lucky Charms marshmallows behind me and I'd have him sing a song and then I'd "pull" a marshmallow out of the back of "Camera" after he finished a song. It worked for a bit. We got through Itsy Bitsy Spider, ABC's, Old Mc Donald and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and then he was done.

Well, that's it for today. Porter is staying the night with my mom (she's watching him tomorrow) so I should be able to get a good, solid nights sleep and not be woken up at 5am.

8 comments:

  1. Dang, those are some cute pics Nicole! You're inspiring me to get my camera out, which I haven't done much of lately. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome little doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING these pics of Porter!!

    Great idea about 'Camera' giving marshmallows, HAHA! I'll have to remember that one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my parents were here a couple of weeks ago they exposed me to the Redneck Wedding show and I have never spent 30 minutes of my life with my mouth so wide open in shock. Un-Believable.
    Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with a little bribe here and there to get a good photo! (I remember the lollipop too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those photos are worth more than a few marshmallows. Wow!

    I'm very ashamed to note that one of the episodes was shot very near my house. Why, yes, we do have rednecks in PA. Every once in a while one makes it across the WV border and stays. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Pics! I have watched My Big Redneck Wedding before...that show is crazy!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my big redneck wedding!!! I only had to watch it once before I was hooked- ha, ha! Seriously, are these people for real?!=)

    ReplyDelete