Saturday, January 19, 2008

Rearranging our life

I've been a bit busy the last couple days. Yesterday morning P and I went to Target to do some "mother-son" bonding.... Target is such a great place for that, don't you think? I'm so lucky that he's such a good boy in the store. Don't tell Ryan, but I really don't mind shopping with him (for a limited amount of time). We have fun browsing the aisles and chatting about all the things we see. I'm a little nervous that Baby #2 is going to be my Store Hellion. He'll probably make shopping with a kid comparable to ripping my toenails out with pliers.

Anyhow... we got home and I had this big idea to rearrange our living room. Now, I'll explain first that we have a really jacked up house layout. Our living room is pretty much central to every room in the house. The two "short ends" of the living room have 1) a sliding glass door and 2) the front door and a window. The two "long ends have 1) the boys' bedroom doors and 2) the doorway to the kitchen and our bedroom door. So... there isn't much wall space to lay furniture against.

For the first year we lived here we put our couch in the middle of the room, with two little "walkways" on the sides of it. Then I decided to put it against one wall, angle it, and create kind of an "entryway" to our front door. Aka... you walk in the front door and see the back of our couch. Oh hell, let me give you some visuals.








Anyhow, that floor plan never gave us much floorspace for sitting/playing. I kept racking my brain to figure out a new layout that would make the space larger... some way that we could put the furniture along all the walls and use the whole middle of the room for floorspace. Well, I finally put 2 and 2 together and figured it out. Why the hell didn't I do this years ago?




9 comments:

  1. i love the black accents/furniture! looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'll be a huge bonus for people that come to see the house when it's for sale. Looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new set-up, everything is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey nic, what color is that on your walls? do you know the name?

    love you living room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like it. god your house is clean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love your pictures on the shelves... it looks so neat! I just may have to steal the idea someday ;)

    ReplyDelete