Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend Recap

Let me just say I'm pretty darn ready to go back to work tomorrow. Ry says the roads are terrible, and for once I'm praying we DON'T have a snow day (also I haven't worked a full week since I've started full days- we've had so many snow days/2 hour delays and holidays).

Last night we had a terrible night. Porter was up from 11-12:30am just being... a brat. He came into our room numerous times. I was exhausted. After returnign Porter to bed, I'd get back to bed and Ryan would be snoring. By the time I was JUST about to doze off, I'd hear Porter attempting to crawl back into bed with us. Repeat that cycle ohh... 5 or 6 times in that hour and a half and I was one UNHAPPY lady.

I finally put up a baby gate in his doorway and yelled at him to stay in bed.

He cried and cried. "I want my Daaaaadddyyyyyy."

I left him there. I finally was able to doze off, and then woke around 2am to him screaming in his room. I went to investigate and found both his room light and his lamp on, his fan and humidifier unplugged and a few books from his bookshelf on the floor. I scolded him for unplugging the cords, in which he stuck his bottom lip out and began bawling again. I finally crawled into bed with him and slept there until about 4:30am. At that point I went back into our room, attempted to fall asleep and was able to catch another 3 hours of sleep.

It was not a good night.

Porter was super whiny today. Is that a surprise? Gee... kid... try SLEEPING at night. Anyhow, I was in no mood to put up with whining today so I spent my day snapping at him and being a mean, irritable mommy. I feel really bad but my word... I just couldn't take it!

Ryan brought me home a package of Peeps after class. :) I devoured them. All 10 marshmallowy chicks. YUM. What can I say. I had a bad day!

This weekend I had two sessions... Reyna and Grace. I'm glad I'm getting back into the swing of photography stuff after such a long break (its been about 5 weeks since I've had a session). I was beginning to feel like "Ehh... I'm not so into photography anymore" and I hate that feeling. I hate when I take such long breaks and begin to lose my passion in it. I really enjoyed my sessions this weekend, despite the challenges with my belly LOL! Its a little difficult getting down on the floor and bending over and getting scrunchy angles with a belly! I have a newborn session next weekend and a maternity session scheduled in April (the last session before my "maternity leave"). The maternity session will turn into a session with TWINS in July. I'm excited about that! A little nervous, too. :)

Next weekend is Porter's birthday. Its turned out to be a bit more people than I planned, but ehhh whatever. Ryan invited one of his friends and his family to come, and now I'm feeling bad that I didn't invite a few of my close friends because they (and their kids) aren't close/that involved in Porter's life. Ah, oh well. Hopefully they understand. I was trying to be limiting on what kids were there- just kids that Porter actually knows/plays with.

Anyhow, I still haven't finished all the planning for his party. Need to get on that this week!

OH! I scrapbooked TWO pages this weekend! So excited about that. I'm hoping I can keep up that rate for awhile. I also am needing to schedule our next monthly "scrapbook evening" soon!

7 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard of the book "Confessions of an Irritable Mother by Karen Hossink?" It's really good, I got to hear her speak in person at one of our MOPS meetings. It's $13 and you can find it at www.irritablemom.com. I'd recommend it, a nice quick read and maybe could help with those "irritable" moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey are we still on for Friday Feb 29th?? I hope so! Its on my planner!1 LOL! I also have a friend from H.S. that is gonna come out too, tha tI havent hung out with since H.S.!! Anyways, I'm glad that you got some pages done! I can't wait to scrap again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had such a rough night! Hopefully your day will be better!

    I have a random question about snow days (since we never get them in Utah, but yet is snows all the time)....are the school districts required to make up snow days by extending the school year by how ever many days are missed? That's how it used to be when I was in school. I'm guessing that's the reason we never get snow days. Also, how much snow do you have to get in order for there to be a snow day? Sorry for the random questions...I'm just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Thanks for the invite to scrap, I will defintely try to be there. I am sorry to hear you had such a bad night!
    The pictures of Reyna are ADORABLE! I can't believe how fast she is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had such a long night! I wish we lived close to one another so we could scrapbook together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. long nights make for longer days - i know where you're coming from! hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete