Thursday, May 22, 2008

We're home!

Today has been a lot less frazzled and crazy than I thought it would be.

I had a great sleep last night... let the nurses take Hudson from about 10 to 4am and took in some good shut eye. He slept on and off until 7am when they took him again for his baby check. Seems like they were always taking him away for some kind of check or another.

I hopped in the shower this morning and it was great! Crazy how a shower can make you feel all human again.

Ryan and Porter showed up around 9:30ish and we were finally discharged a little before 11am. We had trouble getting the harness straps tight enough on him so instead of heading home we actually went to the Toy House to have them figure out how to adjust the straps. We tooled around there for a little bit, let Porter play and look at toys and then we stopped by Ry's work to pick up his check and then headed home.

Porter has been a beast today. He cried and screamed at naptime for about an hour and finally fell asleep after I stood by his closet door like a silent statue for about 45 minutes. Same with bedtime... he is so wound up he is doing flips and tossing and turning and fidgeting in bed, crying and whining and pleading and making excuses to get up. He finally got ticked at bedtime that I was in his room and in the meanest voice he could muster, he demanded to me "MAMA! Dit OUT! Dit out NOW! I dunna PANK YOU! MMAAAAAMA! DIT OUT You hear me? Dit out I dunna PANK YOU!"

Wow. Punk.

I, of course, am melting down because he is totally not acting like himself and I'm in pain and my stitches hurt and I just want my sweet 2 year old back. GAH!

Anyhow, luckily my mom stopped by in the late afternoon and helped keep him occupied and keep him company. She took him to get ice cream and then they played outside with the "helicopters" from the trees. Ryan and I got the house cleaned and tidied up a bit and were even able to sit and relax with Hudson for a few minutes before it was time to wrangle the dude for bedtime.

Well, enough of our boring day. I'm sure you're dying to see more pictures of Hudson. And of course I have plenty!



Look who has his daddy and brothers eyelashes!





17 comments:

  1. OMG, how cute are those photos?! You can really see how tiny he is when he's in the boppy pillow. Don't worry, Porter should improve...I went through the same thing with my two year old when we brought Daxton home from the hospital...he cried and cried the first night we were home and I laid in bed crying with him. He was alot better after a couple days of everyone being home. I bet it feels so nice to be home! Hope your first night at home with the baby goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay!! I love the new pictures! Love the angles....
    And P will get better, I promise. Well, a little better:) haha:)

    Your baby is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will take the baby to the nursery??? I'm so jealous, they don't do that here unless there is a problem!

    LOVE the pics - sooooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got a couple of good nights of rest and that you've had a nice day getting back home.

    Those pics are great Nicole! It makes me awfully antsy to see that little guy in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so beautiful!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh nicole, so precious! love the way his little feet are together in those latter shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh! those pictures are awesome (love the two of the boys on the deck - haha). i'm sure porter will turn back into himself - i hope! hope the first night at home with all your boys goes good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Home!

    Beautiful pictures! As always! :O)

    Those two boys are so adorable- love the one of Porter looking at him in the bed. Precious!

    You amaze me - I have NEVER been able to do babies like you do! In and out! :O) It is a week or two process for this fam...lovely complications, but so thankful for every second of it all since it produces such blessings!

    Have a nice weekend home together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are just the sweetest pictures ever - I have zero ability to do anything but stare it his cuteness. Hope that today has a smoother start with P.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home! How precious those pics are! P-man will adjust :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too friekin' cute!! I'm sorry, did you say you cleaned?! Don't you know you are supposed to be milking the "I just had a baby" thing for as loooong as you possibly can to get out of as much as you possibly can?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Nicole... he is beautiful! I so know how it goes with the older sibling trauma - Ally does the same thing and with Luke being around, it's even worse frankly. She says really mean and hurtful things too. I usually end up crying, probably not a "strong mom" thing to do, but it hurts my feelings so much! It's a hard adjustment for everyone... and it's hard to remember that when you are completely sleep-deprived and have NO patience. It will get better....

    Of course, I am still waiting for it to get better... and Luke is 5 months old... but Ally is a lot older than Porter... so I have high hopes that things will be better for you than with me!

    Hugs to you... and that little bundle! Enjoy him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my heart is just melting...he is so adorable! We have GOT to figure out a way for you to come to Utah in September. Twin pictures! I wish, I wish. Anyway, CONGRATS on the little man. He is adorable! I hope you continue to feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!!! He is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Nicole!!! He's beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete