Sunday, July 13, 2008

T minus 16 hours

We're almost there... its closing day! I can't wait.

They removed the lock box from the house on Friday so we had to be... uh... creative and we went back to the house today to finish some projects and move a few things over there. Yeah, I know... we're impatient.

I'm exhausted. We got a ton done today, but we still have so much to do! I don't think we're going to stay at the house tomorrow night as Ryan finished changing the doorway to the walk-in closet so we need to mud and sand and paint that- meaning we probably won't move any furniture into Hudson or our rooms tomorrow. I don't know.

So... for memory's sake... here's what Ryan and I finished today:
  • Painted Hudson's room a delicious "Sublime Lime". I was afraid it'd be too bright.. but its perfect!
  • Put up drywall to close off the doorway to the closet in Hudson's room
  • Busted out the doorway to the walk-in closet in our room
  • Framed the doorway
  • Put up the trim
  • Finished stripping the wallpaper in our room
  • Mudded the 50 zillion holes in the wall (I have a great pic for you of this)
  • Put 2 more coats of polyurethane on the wood floor downstairs
WHEW. I'm tired just thinking of all that. I have a huge to-do list for tomorrow... first being to rip out the nasty carpet in the livingroom! We've decided to wait to refinish the livingroom floor until August when we go to Silver Lake for the weekend... that way we won't have to be in the house while the polyurethane dries completely. That stuff is smelly!!

4 comments:

  1. I am soo happy for you guys to be finally getting your house! Its gonna really look great as you do your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on! You have been busy!!
    Can't wait to see these new pics:) It's gonna look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you guys slept at all in the last couple weeks? :)

    hope you have a great time @ silver lake! you guys need a break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh...no update! i am dying to know how it all went and to see some new pics of the house...patiently waiting ;)

    ReplyDelete