Friday, August 22, 2008

Bummer...

I got a call not too long ago that they filled the kindergarten position.

That was even after I scrapbooked a snazzy Thank You card (with rhinestones and ribbon!) and personally delivered it to the principal.

I'm bummed.

BUT... I'm going to have a positive outlook on this. I can at least talk to the teacher and my principal and see if they have any advice on what I can do to improve my interview skills, and see what pros/cons they discussed about me with the other interviewers.

And, I think this year I'm going to try to dress up some more.... wear dress pants and cute blouses and accessories and cute shoes. I need to make my job feel more important, and what better way to do that than to dress important, right?

You live and learn and grow....

4 comments:

  1. Bummer, although I am sure that there will be another opportunity right around the corner.

    I am sure that you are an Awesome teacher and if they saw you in action I am sure you would have it in the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are crazy not to hire you! But you are right, at least you are at the school and can talk with them about the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, sorry to hear that! At least you got some more experience interviewing and can take that with you. I love the idea of dressing the part. It makes you feel better and I think perform better too. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer for sure! There must be a better, brighter, funner position out there for you! Keep your chin up! :)

    ReplyDelete