Saturday, September 27, 2008

Proverbs

On Friday I did a mini lesson on proverbs with some of my third graders in the afternoon.

They were given a paper that had the beginning of well-known proverbs and they had to fill in the ending (or make it up, if they didn't know the actual ending). There are some hilarious answers and I just had to share.

Don't count your chickens and their eggs.

Do as I say and not what bullies say.

Don't count your chickens pox.

Bad news travels everywhere.

No use crying over homework.

Do as I say and not talk when I talk.

Don't count your chickens count numbers.

Ask no questions just come.

Ask no questions have no answers.

No use crying over me talking.

Do as I say and not disobey.

Don't count your chickens everyday.

Ask no questions if you don't have an answer.

Honesty is the truth.

Bad news travels through your ears.

Do as I say and not disagree.

Bad news travels when you sleep.

Honesty is the best goal.

Do as I say and not get hurt.

Don't count your chickens or get poked.

You can win some and you can lose to me.

Ask no questions and you will not be graded.

Honesty is the best way to get out of trouble.

Do as I say and not ignore me.

You cannot win against me.

Where there is a will you must make a wish.

Bad news travels west.

Don't count your chickens by yourself.

Where there is a will there is water.

No use crying over me.

Do as I say and not what your friends say.

Don't count your chickens and pick off their feathers.

You cannot win oh yes I can.

Bad news travels to my house.

No use crying over do not cry again okay!

No use crying over a mouse.

Do as I say and not get in a fight.

Ask no questions ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment