Thursday, September 25, 2008

Short little ditty

  • We busted out the fall/Halloween totes today to decorate. I had some leaf garlands to use (I used to love leaf garlands... until we bought this house and they had fake leaves all around the kitchen so now thats all I think about when I see fake leaves!) and a few misc. Halloween decorations. I want to try to get into decorating for holidays- Porter loves it. Currently our new thing is the window clings.
  • Went to dinner at Outback with Ry's dad tonight. We're going to do a weekly dinner with him and he said that if we're adamant on having him over for dinner once a week then he's either going to bring dinner or take us out. Can't argue with that :)
  • Afterward went to Michaels. I bought a couple vases and some items to attempt to make this gourd wreath for our front door.
  • I'm buying the Flip Video camcorder. I've had an awesome person offer to put money toward it as our anniversary present and, like I said before... can't argue with that :) Now I'm debating on the Flip Mino or Flip Ultra. (specs here)
  • I need to do an update on the boys... I haven't done that in awhile. I also need to do a 4 month pic of Hudson with the Bear. *sigh* So behind....
  • I'm shedding hair like its out of style. Damn those post pregnancy hormones
  • We're getting new (to us) carpet in the playroom. Our lovely Ramsey has peed TWICE in the playroom while we were out (what a great "While You Were Out gift to come home too, huh?) and pee puddles from a 75lb dog just never come out.... Luckily Ryan's parents had extra carpet from their home and its just been in storage so we're using that.
  • Next week we are having maintenance and repair done to our boiler system. Not looking forward to the bill from that. We knew when we had inspections done that we'd have a decent bill to pay to have it up and running again. And, well, its getting chilly at night so I think its time...

7 comments:

  1. Ironic. I have 2 totes sitting in my kitchen right now that will get unpacked and strewn around my home tomorrow! HAPPY DECORATING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I better have Tony bring down our decor from the attic. I really like that wreath you are doing too. Kinda on the pricey side for me ($50-60), but maybe I can do something small, maybe tabletop for the kitchen table with the gourds. Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen video done with this camera to know the quality?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get it, can one of the flips go in water?

    I bought some mums today. I do the leaf garland thing on our front porch. Gives it some color and its cheap :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to get into decorating for all the holidays too. I love seeing the decorations when they are up...but it's buying and putting them up that I lack motivation. LOL Don't you hate how much hair you lose after a baby? I seriously thought I might go bald because I was pulling out handfulls in the shower after Jocelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so Excited that you are getting that camera too! We will both have to post some Great videos on here.

    Hey, I gave you an award. Check out my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking I needed to haul out our fall decor. I love the wreath and would like to invest in one, as well.

    That is so sweet you are getting one of those camcorders. What a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete