Sunday, November 9, 2008

Scrap Night or Social Night?

As we enter the holiday season, we have quite a few dates that we're entertaining. We're hosting Thanksgiving and also dinner with Ryan's family on Christmas Eve. I'm also contemplating a New Years Eve pot-luck. I'd probably throw in a few more dates if I could afford it... I'm so excited to have a home that we can entertain in!

I've also been hosting scrapbook nights at our house... we have a full basement that we've been using. Tonight was the second scrapbook night and I spent the day getting the house ready (even though no one spent much time in the upstairs of the house) and preparing to have snacks and drinks while scrapping. It occurred to me, while I was stock piling ice cubes into Ziploc bags, that perhaps I'm into this whole "scrapbook night" as a way to just have girlfriends over and to socialize. And well, what's wrong with that? It fulfills my desire to entertain in small increments.

I always have a great time with the girls whenever we scrap. We always are laughing at something or another, we always have great conversation and we even manage to throw together a scrapbook page or two! I love this little "scrapbook group" we've molded into and I love that its made up of many friends from many different circles and we all mesh together so well.

Tonight our group consisted of Lori, LeeAnn, Jane and my friend/co-worker Gina. We had a great time listening to Dave, O.A.R, Hootie and the Blowshitfish and other Pandora picks, mopping up Gina's spilled margarita, stuffing our faces with leftover Halloween candy and chit chatting about tv, kids, husbands, friends, blogging, and life in general.

Thank you, ladies, for a great social tradition that I truly cherish!

7 comments:

  1. So I guess a New Years Eve Potluck means you won't be here for dinner...? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, sorry I missed! Sounds like you ladies had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love meeting up with everyone for scrap night! I think it will be even funner having it at your house! And yes I did notice your house was picked up very nicely! :) I wish mine was that clean! LOL! Im looking forward to your potential New Years potluck! I think it will be lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooooo sorry that I didn't respond to your evite. We had a million things to do yesterday and it slipped my mind and I feel really bad. Please let me know the next time you are all getting together and I PROMISE I will be there!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to those nights mostly for the fun and socializing too. Thanks for planning it and getting us together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so nice to just hang out and laugh my butt off. I was in desperate need of that! Thanks for a great evening, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. did you say margaaritas?? and i had to work??? wtf???

    ReplyDelete