Sunday, December 28, 2008

Playroom: Finished!

Well, except maybe curtains, but other than that... ta da! I'm not sure this can count as an OPAM as I started the wallpaper stripping project in October and I literally just finished putting together the cork board frames today. I am SOOO happy with how it turned out and it is now one of my favorite rooms in the house.

The frames on the ledges are just frames I had and I painted them with acrylic paint. The large ones (8x10 and up) I put 5/8" cork board in (purchased at JoAnn in the painting/fine art department on a 4'x2' roll and staple gunned the back.

Before: View from living room


After:
Before: View of left side of room from living room
After:
Rug from Ikea
Paint Color: Seedling Green by Martha Stewart

Before:
After:

Before:
After:

Black magnet strips from Ikea

13 comments:

  1. WOW!!! It's gorgeous! You guys have done an amazing job with your house! I am super impressed with your creativity and diligence....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, can I say that I am so JEALOUS!? i wish we had a playroom of this capacity! secondly... you did great work on this room. It looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! so fun and fresh! great job - no matter how long it took. i wish i had a playroom in our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the openness of the room and yet good spots for the kids stuff. Love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really incredible. And because it is so incredible it makes me wonder where you purchased those extra hours in the day. So, where?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me preface this by saying, I mean this in the nicest way possible.....

    You stink! Seriously, I feel like an unfit mother reading you blog, seeing your wonderful projects (that you actually complete), creative ideas for your house and your boys. I mean, do you REALLY have two kids, a husband, a day job and a photography business??
    !!!

    p.s. The playroom is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay, you just made me other requirement for my next house... It has to have a playroom. This is awesome!! You really did a great job with it and you are soo lucky to have it right off your living room! Feel proud of yourself Nicole! You have done some great work to your home to make it yours!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks fabulous! i love everything, especially the paint color! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! i so need you to come decorate the love shack!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great!! We just cleared an area for a playroom in our basement for Grace and I am now embarassed to post pictures of our hodge podge room :) I love the green paint color and the places to hang artwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Job, I love it! I bet the kids have a blast in there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just...WOW! I wish you lived closer so I could get you to come to my house and decorate!!!

    ReplyDelete