Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Years Eve to Celebrate


Last night was awesome... absolutely awesome. An evening filled with great friends, lots of great food, a ton of laughs and a few drinks for good measure. We missed a handful of people who couldn't make it or just didn't show up but even so, our night was just awesome.

Our evening started around 5:30 when the psychic and his girlfriend showed up. Yes, we hired a psychic/medium to come do readings for those who wanted them. And boy, was that a highlight! He taped everyone's readings so we have them to play back (which I'm so glad he did because you can't remember everything he says!). We all had a great time sharing and comparing our readings.

We had a smorgasbord of delicious foods- everyone did a wonderful job of passing dishes. We surely were not wanting for anything! We made margaritas, played a game of Apples to Apples, hung out and chatted, played the Wii and I think the highlight of the evening... my Nut Tree.


To go along with the theme "Good Fortune", I created these Fortune Walnuts. It was a big hit! We spiced it up by adding "in bed" to the end of our fortunes and had some great laughs. The "nut" jokes never end... HAHA!








We had a great group of friends show up... some old friends- Maria and Andrew, Carrie and Bobb, Katie and Don and LeeAnn and Tony as well as some new and sort of new friends... Jane and Adam and Stephanie and Drew. I think Drew must have been nervous about coming (since he'd never met Ryan or I) because as they left he said "I never knew bloggers could be so fun." HAHA!

We were having so much fun that we almost missed the ball dropping! Literally, we got the channel turned on with 15 seconds to go!





I made everyone take a group picture to frame... I picked up a frame that was 75% off at Target the other day and I think that if we end up doing a NYE party every year I'll start a collection of framed pictures of everyone who celebrates with us. Unfortunately, I didn't remember to do the picture until later and Maria and Andrew had already left to go to another party, and earlier in the evening my mom and her boyfriend had stopped by as well.

I hope everyone had as fantastic an evening as we did. Happy 2009- I hope the New Year brings everyone wonderful things!

6 comments:

  1. Good Times and cute pics! We all need to do it again sometime...but lets not wait until New Years this time, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love your nut tree & can I just say that your hair is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!!!!! So sorry we missed it..... we need more babysitters out there willing to watch kids on New Year's Eve!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Looks like the party was a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great party, great fun. "Nut" jokes and adding "in bed" to fortunes is endlessly funny.

    ReplyDelete