Sunday, June 21, 2009

Squirrel!!

Friday night Ryan and I took Porter out for a "Special Day" movie night. We went to see Up and oh my... it was hilarious! I think Ryan and I laughed more than Porter did... he kept saying to us "What, mom? What? " because he didn't 'get' the parts we were laughing at. The best was Dug, the dog. Oh how I loved him. POINT!!



We didn't see it in 3-D. Its $2.50/ticket more for 3-D and we're cheap like that. I mean, really... it already cost us $17.25 for the 3 of us to watch the movie!! And that was the matinee price before 6pm!! Ridiculous.

How much are movies in your neck of the woods? Did you/would you splurge on the 3-D?

8 comments:

  1. We did splurge on the 3D because I had never seen a 3D movie before! It was around $52 for 3 adults and w kids. But it was worth it--the 3D was really cool and we sat really close. I loved the movie but man....bring the tissues! I cried at the beginning and the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw the 3D too, it cost us 57.00 for 2 adults and 1 kid, Morgan was free(3 and under is free here). Part of the 57 dollars was 11 dollars for snacks. i loved it, and I cried at the beginning and the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just went and saw it today for Father's Day.
    Yeah, we skipped the 3D... I don't know that it's worth the extra $10 it would have been (total). As it was it cost $26.50 for the four of us... and it was matinee and we didn't even get any food or drink. I cannot believe the price of movies these days... I just can't get over it.
    (and around here 3:00 is the last matinee price show... ridiculous!!)

    We loved the movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't seen Up, but movie tickets are 10$ per adult here, and I think it's freakin' expensive! We wouldn't have paid for 3D either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to see UP and I loved it. We did see it in 3D, it was neat, but I don't know if it was worth the extra money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we so rarely see a movie that we naively believed they were all the same price so we went w/the 3D and paid 11$ for us and 10.75$ for each kid...including our 2 year old who only lasted until 3/4 of the way through!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh and neither child kept their glasses on so basically they just saw a blurry version! LOL!

    ReplyDelete