Sunday, August 9, 2009

Brady Nikolas

Birth photography has been something I've always thought I'd like to get into. There are very few photographers in Michigan (that I know of) that commission out for birth photography and I think that it'd be something absolutely amazing to get into. To be able to capture for someone else.

LeeAnn was brave enough to be my guinea pig and I am so thrilled to have had that experience. There are definitely things I will need to learn/tweak when doing birth sessions and I'll hopefully get to experience at least 2 more births with Leslie and Carrie!

Anyhow, Brady Nikolas entered the world at 2:15pm on Sunday, August 9th. He was the first Sunday birth in LeeAnn's family! The experience was awesome and exhilerating. Although I was not there for the few mintues of birth (a few issues with a super strict nurse.... I left the room as they had kicked Tony's mom out at the last minute... literally!), I was able to hop back in immediately after and catch Brady's first minutes.

These are a few of my favorite images so far. I'll be sharing a slideshow later on (hee hee.... the price my friends pay for getting their birth captured LOL!). For now, if you're unfamiliar with birth photography, here are a few birth slideshows from other photographers that I admire:

Jack
Audrey
Fletcher
Calla
Teagan
Cash




1 comment:

  1. i cant wait to see the rest of the pics and the slide show!!! i sure hope u have better luck with the other births and their nurses... grrrr.

    ReplyDelete