Friday, September 18, 2009

Quick and Easy Kids Foods

I thought I'd share some quick and easy summer foods I've concocted for the boys. Ok, I didn't make these up... I probably snagged them from Parents Magazine or online somewhere, but I thought I'd share anyhow.
  • Quesadillas... aka "Dillas": One of the favs around here. 2 soft taco shells, add cheese and some sort of diced/shredded meat (grilled chicken, ham etc) and lately I've been adding steamed broccoli and cauliflower to sneak it in there and get Hudson to eat his veggies
  • Parfait: Plain yogurt in a bowl, sprinkle on granola (you can purchase them in the organic area near the cereals) and top with blueberries and chopped strawberries
  • Bagel Pizzas: I use whole wheat bagels, toast in the toaster, spread with spaghetti or pizza sauce, cheese and toppings of choice (again, I've been slipping in those steamed veggies for Hudson)
  • Ham and Cheese Rolls: Take a can of Pillsbury Rolls, flatten out to about 4" in diameter. Put about 2Tbsp of sliced ham and shredded cheese. Roll up sides and bake per biscuit directions.

1 comment:

  1. sweet ideas :) I totally forgot about how easy quesadillas are - I used to make them all the time! I bet chicken & spinach would be good.

    ReplyDelete