Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Weekend with My Girls

This past weekend was a BLAST.  I couldn't have asked for a better time.  It had just the right amount of ingredients.... chit chat time, scrapping time, party time and dinner time.  And sleep time.  And laugh time. And joke around time.   It all was just a great, great weekend. We (Leslie, LeeAnn, Katie, Jane, Lori and Jessica) had so much fun together and I can't wait to do it again!


Jane's in laws have this awesome 5 bedroom house on the lake about 45 minutes away.  Perfect.  We joked that she had been keeping the lake house a secret from us... it is absolutely perfect for a scrapbook weekend.  Friday we spent the entire day scrapping.  LeeAnn made 58 jello shots and by oh, 10pm LeeAnn and I were hosting comedy hour for everyone.  Let's just say it'd been a loooong time since I just let loose and had drinks galore.  LeeAnn became my Parnter in Crime and we stayed up long past everyone else's bedtime and just laughed and drank and played pranks and acted silly.  We finally called it a night around 3am.  It was a blast.


I, surprisingly, was up and in the shower by 8am.  I wasn't about to waste precious scrapbooking time!  We scrapped all of Saturday and then took a little road trip and went to dinner in East Lansing. After dinner we ended up just relaxing and chatting and scrapping.


Sunday we all slept in (I slept till 10am!  Unheard of!).  We scrapped some more and finally called it a day around 3:30pm.


Katie summed things up pretty well on her blog but I'll post some of my memories here for my records:




  • Friday night's entertainment ..... "The Nicole and LeeAnn comedy hour(s)" (this could be blog post in itself!)
  • No matter how long it's been since college, bacardi- straight from the bottle- and I are still friends
  • Lori's breakfast of champions..... Diet Coke and Poptarts :)
  • Shaquila - nuff said
  • The Motto for the weekend "Don't Judge Me"
  • Who's pantie free?? WTH! Let that $hiiii air out!
  • LeeAnn and I's little presents from the Garage Mahal for each of our house mates.... Jane a State flag, Lori a little tikes car, Katie an empty Folders coffee can and Leslie and Jessica a rake.  
  • Polar Plunge anyone?
  • Jane hiding the keys to the Garage Mahal from LeeAnn and I
  • Rockin' in the back of the mini to Ladies Night.... sung by Katie, LeeAnn and I  (mini vans really DO rock!  HAHA!)
  • 58 jello shots...... is that enough?
  • Jessica's make-shift skirt/blanket while scrapbooking
  • Leslie on a caffeine buzz, while still trying to finish her 2ndscrapbook page after ohhhh a 24hr. period!
  • High five everyone, high five (LeeAnn)
  • Jane's "low, low, low" belly dance in the mini.... pregnant with twins
  • And most of all.... "What happens at the cottage, stays at the cottage."  HAHAHAH!
Unfortunately, we didn't take that many pictures.  And the ones we did take aren't all too proper to post here.  Never know who is reading..... I'll leave you with this one of LeeAnn and I.  
I was sad for the weekend to end.  It was just amazing to be able to "reset" my mind, my nerves, my patience... and go home to my boys refreshed and renewed.  I feel like a whole new person.  

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys all had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a weekend! It was an AWESOME weekend! Im glad someone dove into those 58 jello shots with me! hahha! Good thing we didn't make more, geez! I wonder if the other girls even know about our phone call. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun, wasn't it? I was happy to be a part of it all, and it was great getting to know everyone a bit better. Thanks for sharing it with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for girls' weekends!!!! Looks and sounds like you guys had a blast! Nothing like a weekend away to feel refreshed and able to be a better mom!!!! Keep 'em comin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am cracking up at this picture..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for girls weekend!! You drunk dialed?? Who? WTH? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a blast! I need a weekend like this with my girls soon.

    ReplyDelete