Saturday, July 31, 2010

Travel

Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.  ~Miriam Beard
I recently found TripAdvisor's "Cities I've Visited" app on Facebook... and was both stunned and disappointed in the outcome.  I was stunned by the amount of cities and countries other people have visited... and disappointed in the lack thereof on my map.  I feel like I do a decent amount of traveling for me.... but I then realize I really never explore other places, its always the same places multiple times.

Slightly pathetic, don't you say?

Here it is a little closer...

On my Bucket List, I have a few countries I'd like to visit in my lifetime (France and Italy for sure) and I'd love to see the West Coast.  I'm hoping, also to expand the states I've visited.  Sure, I've driven through many states, and probably stopped for gas or lunch in many cities... but to me that doesn't count as "visiting".  I want to visit more places.... explore and stay awhile (ok, even if its just a long weekend)... expand my horizons.

Maybe another goal for my Bucket List should be to visit at least 25 states before I die... or something like that.  Hmm....

1 comment: