Wednesday, November 17, 2010

And this is the truth

I was reading Denise's blog (it's private, so you'll have to ask to be a reader) and she did a post about the book Eat, Pray, Love that she recently read.  (I'm adding it to my "Must Read" List along with Friendships for Grownups

Anyhow, here's what Denise said (I hope you don't mind me sharing this part of your blog!):
I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and a lot of soul searching (especially after reading Eat Pray Love, but that is another post) and I feel like the fog I have been living in for the past two years is finally starting to lift.  I am seeing more clearly and I've come to a few realizations.  A few that have hit hard & hit home...

So true, Denise.  So true.
  • I've realized that life can be as happy as you make it if you are willing to work for it.
  • I've realized that family relationships will probably never be easy but are worth it.  Always.
  • I've realized that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of me.  As long as I am happy that is all that matters (this took a really, really, really LONG time to finally sink in - finally it did)
  • I've realized that sometimes old friends can't look past who you used to be and see who you are now and with that being said, I have also realized that true friends don't care what we look like or judge us for our thoughts/opinions, etc...they love us no matter what.
  • I've realized that every single thing that happens in life really does lead you where you are supposed to be even if we can't see it at the moment.
  • I've realized that children grow too fast.
That's all!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, Eat.Pray.Love is such an AMAZING book! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way... like recently I've come out of a fog too.... that's crazy that you say this. :-) Happy to hear you're feeling better.... and freakin' CRAZY about facebook! Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you though......

    ReplyDelete