Saturday, May 14, 2011

Here is why I have a foot tall stack of magazines I haven't read...

Naptime.  Kids in bed (trip upstairs #1)

I decide I'm FINALLY going to sit and relax and flip through a few of them.

Sit down.  Read a couple pages.

Hudson is up.  (trip upstairs #2)

Sit down.  Read a couple pages.

Phone call. It's Ryan.  We discuss plans for the afternoon.

Read a couple pages.

Hudson is up again.  Has to pee.  (trip upstairs #3).

Sit down.  Read a couple pages.

Hudson is up AGAIN!!!  Has to poop.  (trip upstairs #4)

He takes forever so I leave him on the toilet and go downstairs to read a few more pages.

Put him in bed. (trip upstairs #5)  Jam a blanket in his door so he can't get out.

Sit down.  Read a couple pages.

Hudson is bawling.... something is wrong.  Yep.  Smashed his fingers in his closet door dinking around.  (trip upsairs #6)

Sit down, read a page.

Dog is barking outside.  Go let them in.

Sit down... read a few pages.

So there are 2 things I've realized this afternoon.  #1 Reading through just ONE magazine at nap-time is impossible.  and #2 Holy mother of Jesus shouldn't I be skinny from all the trips up and down the stairs?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment