Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hump Day

Not officially my Hump Day, since tomorrow is technically my Friday.  But, Hump Day nonetheless.

Last night Hudson woke up in the middle of the night with a familiar barky, whistly cough.  I knew it was croup but was a little dumbfounded that he hadn't had a fever at all recently.  Hmm.  He screamed for about an hour, refusing to tell us what is wrong or even converse with us.  He had been carrying around some game token coins (his "moneys") earlier in the evening and Ry and I both were getting worried that maybe he'd swallowed a coin or something was stuck in his throat- seriously it sounded that weird.  We finally got him calmed down and back to sleep.  Ry stayed home with him so he could go to the doc- sure enough.  Croup.  Ugh.

A mom at my school is doing Zumba after school on Wed and Fri at the old schoolhouse next door.  Perfect timing, as I love going to Zumba (though haven't in months and months) but hated the 5:30 or 7:30 class times.  I went tonight for the first time and it was so fun.  3:45 to 4:30.  I'm home by 5 and still have my whole evening with the fam!  I thought for sure I'd pass out or be too tired to Zumba but surprisingly it went really well.  I had a lot of fun and just kept a decent pace without letting myself get too overworked.  I am excited to try to keep up with this throughout the pregnancy and hopefully ward off too much extra weight (and maybe, just maybe, bounce back quicker after delivery??)

Well.... right on cue, Hudson is up.  Doc said the next couple nights will be the worst.  Ugh.  

Adios.

1 comment:

  1. poor hudson :( hope he's better soon.

    i am so jealous of the zumba! i think here it's on monday nights, and it's just hard for me to get home and then be motivated to go back out :) that works out awesome!

    ReplyDelete