Tuesday, December 20, 2011

24 Christmas Questions

I saw this survey on Kimberly's blog and thought it would be fun to do.   I love looking back on these meme type posts and seeing my views of things at that point in time. 

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper!  I always have a ton of gift bags (I have a whole bag full) but rarely ever use them.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Well..... here's the story.  I grew up with a real tree.  LOVE a real tree.  But when I was pregnant with Porter we decided to get a fake tree in lieu of no tree at all (I was 7 months pregnant, student teaching full time and exhausted). Well, that fake tree was pretty darn easy to put up and take down so every year we've used that excuse for not continuing (or even starting!) the tradition of going to a tree farm with the kids to cut down a tree.  Next year.  Next year.  

3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving!  I am always so anxious to get the Christmas season going, but must wait until Thankgiving gets is due attention.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually after New Years.  I am always so sad when Christmas is over... its such a FUN month and I love it!  But typically just past New Years I'm ready to get things back to normal. 

5. Do you like eggnog? I've never had it but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Baby Shivers.  I so so so wanted that doll so badly, and I even had a little drawer all ready for her with some doll clothes, play diapers and bottles and blankets.  Yes, I loved playing dolls.  

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yep!  We have the Willow Tree one and the Little People Nativity


8. Hardest person to buy for? Hmm... Ryan.  Seriously.  

9. Easiest person to buy for? Our kids and our nieces.  I love buying for kids!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?Mail!!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Uhm... I can't really think of any.  

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?I love Elf.  Not sure its my "favorite" but off the top of my head I'd say Elf.  

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?  I shop a little throughout the year, and usually start in November. 

14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Only at a Dirty Santa party.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas Cookies!  I looove sugar cookies with lots of frosting!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear lights although I always love the large bulb lights, so I plan to buy some of those on sale after Christmas.  

17. Favorite Christmas song?
3 Fav's:  O Holy Night, Still Still Still and Carol of the Bells.  


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay at home!  It is usually a really relaxing day.  We take our time opening gifts and just spending time together.  

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Of course!


20. Angel on the tree top or a star? 
Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?Kids open pj's from us Christmas Eve.  We do open gifts from Ry's dad and Lori's family on Christmas Eve.  Other than that... Christmas morning. 

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Probably just the clutter.  I have a corner full of wrapping paper and boxes and bows (which I could easily put in the basement and wrap down there but I don't...).   

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?
My favorite ornaments are our 12 Days of Christmas ornaments from Crate and Barrel.  Ryan's Uncle Dave bought them for us after Cathy passed away.  She always led the group singing of 12 Days of Christmas at our Christmas gathering (we'd all have to pick out a day out of a hat and sing that part).  I love remembering that about her.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Just to slow down and enjoy the magic of this time of year.  Enjoy my kids and really take in their excitement.  Gift-wise... nothing really imperative.  We're saving for a family vacay next year so most of our money/cash gifts we are given is going toward that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment