Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Trust. Thankfulness.

Today has had so many blessings for me... I felt like I needed to glorify that with a blog post.  I'm thankful, so thankful.

This winter has been rough.  I won't lie.  I headed into fall with ambition and bright hopes for a booming business, and smooth sailing with this new venture.  It has been far from it.

I feel stagnant right now.   We're in the midst of winter.  The fall rush is gone, holidays are over and spring is on the horizon but right now... I'm stagnant.

I woke up this morning and a friend had posted on her blog something I so needed to read.  I'm going to paste it here for my personal safekeeping, but please please check out Kristin's blog... she's a fabulous writer and you just need to check her out.   I know her words probably mean something totally different to her, but I love how I could interpret them for myself as well.


I’ve had a lot on my mind lately.  Most of which has to deal with direction; anxiety associated with the unknown paths that lie ahead.  I’m trying to remind myself of all that I’ve learned along the way:
  • I can’t predict the future: I need to relax on the corner, until my  gut tells me it’s time to cross the street.
  • I must trust my instincts: I’ve never let fear guide my decisions before; why start now?
  • I’ve already succeeded: I’ll remember this when I get bumped by failure.
  • My reactions affect my entire family: As long as I set a positive tone, the kids will adjust to the ride accordingly.
  •  I’m wasting my time spinning the wheels with worry: I can’t predict the future.
All of the above is true.  But, one directive leads to another.  It’s a vicious cycle.  Thus, the anxiety. 
So, I have no choice but to travel the route that always gets me to my destination safely.  When I follow the avenue of patience, it takes me right to faith.  In the end, it will all work out.  And it will be an exciting adventure along the way.
This afternoon I have had blessing after blessing fall into my lap to get me over this "hump" this week.   Sure, I never envisioned I'd be a college grad, bachelor degree holding "artist" taking on freelance work to cover bills.  Did I ever picture myself at 31 fretting over bills and how to make ends meet this week?  Hell no.   But here I am.  And I know I'll pull through.  I know this is just a bump in the road.  The start of this journey.  I must persevere.  I can't predict the future.  I can't stress about what lies ahead.  I just need to trudge on, trust my gut.  Cross this street and keep on going until I end up where I know I'm supposed to be.  Where I know I'm meant to be.   
"I have no choice but to travel the route that always gets me to my destination safely.  When I follow the avenue of patience, it takes me right to faith.  In the end, it will all work out.  And it will be an exciting adventure along the way."
Blessed is how I'm feeling today.  Blessed with the God-given talents that I'm being pushed to use.  Blessed I have this option.  Blessed to be home with my babies, with them by my side as I work.  Blessed to be able to help others.  Blessed.  Truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole. You just made my day. Thank you so much! So glad I could help! :)

    ReplyDelete