Monday, May 12, 2014

Mothers Day 2014

I am incredibly blessed.   I've had good mothers days.  And terrible mothers days.  This year, however, was incredibly perfect.

Ry let me sleep in, and I was woken only by Porter, who brought me breakfast in bed.... A bowl of Trix cereal in a kids' Ikea bowl, meticulously layered on top of a small kids Ike's plate and then a larger adult plate.  I like this boys' presentation. ;-). He also brought me Oj in a cup with a top.  I love him.  I are my cereal half asleep (partially thinking.... Strain the milk... I'm almost positive he doesn't know to use 1% milk and there's a chance he used Amelia's whole milk).  He came upstairs and snuggled with me for a bit, and then later Hudson and Amelia came up to snuggle with me too.  I love snuggling with my kiddos.

I got up and was presented with one of the best Mother's Day presents ever... A journal from the kids. Ry had found an old scrapbook of mine I never completed.... It had one page in it titled "pieces of me" and was about myself in 2005, pre-kids.   He had the kids each draw me a picture and write a note.  It was adorable.  Then I took the kids outside for a few minutes.... The weather was beautiful.

We decided to go out for lunch.  Ry had outback in mind and I knew it would have a long wait.  I figured mcdonalds was in our future.  I called outback and sure enough, 2 hour wait.  No way.   We went to Wendy's.  A little classier than mcD's.  It didn't matter to me.  I was with my family.  It was perfect.

Amelia and Hudson took a nap and Ry made me some raised garden beds for the yard.  We spent all afternoon planting flowers, building garden beds, digging holes and planting veggies.  The kids helped, and played and were filthy by the end of the day.  My mom came over as well and took the kids to the park for a little bit.  We ordered pizza for dinner and finished the evening off with baths/showers all around.  You know you had a good day when you require two showers and your feet are black from soil!  

It was the perfect end to the weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment