Thursday, November 6, 2014

pay it forward....







I'm in this major pay-it-forward mood lately, and yesterday a friend inspired me to give anonymously more often.  Yesterday the boys and I headed to the Animal Shelter to drop off donations.  On the way there we swung through McD's to get a drink and McFlurry.  I paid for the car behind me.  This McD's was in kind of a sketchy area of town and the McD's worker looked at me like I had 2 heads when I told her I wanted to pay for the car behind me as well.  Porter was totally in awe that I did... he said "That was REALLY nice, mom!"  I hope that I inspired him, too.



Today, Amelia and I did a little shopping after dance class and I had a craving for a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's so we... uh I... decided to hit up drive through again.   I ordered and then noticed the really old, sputtering rusty truck behind me and thought... what the heck.  Two pay it forwards in two days.  So I paid for his order, too.  It was $20 or so, so I hope that maybe he was ordering for some work friends, too, and maybe I spread a little sunshine not only to his day but to theirs as well.

                                 

 I plan to make a list of things I can do throughout the holidays (and throughout the year!)... some intentional and some random and anonymous.   This year is the first year ever we've been in the financial position to just give freely and generously and it feels amazing to be able to do this for others.  So the moral of the story here is.... not that I've eaten fast food wayyyy too much lately, but that even the smallest little acts of kindness can go a long way.  Spread some sunshine into others' lives.

                                            
                                         

2 comments: