Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Home!

We're home!

Last night I got back to our room after posting and I was in such a bad mood thinking of the night I had ahead of me. Not only was I going to be alone, but I'd be alone in a cramped room with another family (or, most likely for Jackson, a single mom) and an 8 month old. Yes... 8 month old.

The nurses rearranged the room and I had exactly one foot space in between Porter's bed and my "fold out chair bed". And then a few feet at the end of the bed between the chairs by the wall. Ugh.
Ryan left and I was bitter. Mostly bitter and angry that I was stuck there and had to share a room and knowing my lack of sleep ability I knew I was most likely going to have a long, sleepless night.

Our roommate came in around 8:30... a younger looking mom with an 8 month old little boy. Her little guy sounded horrible (RSV) and very congested. He cried a lot throughout the night and WHEW he had a LOUD cry. I know she felt bad that he was crying and kept shushing him and sounded stressed. I woke up a few times, both from hearing him cry and from Porter's machine beeping for unknown reasons like 5 different times, but Porter slept all night until 6:30am. When he woke up he heard the baby fussing/crying and said "God darn, be quiet baby!" I of course got on his case and told him to be nice and that the baby didn't feel good. We went over to see the baby and the whole rest of the day Porter would get worried when he fussed saying "Baby Timmy sad!"

Ry called at 8:30am saying the alarm didn't go off and was set to the wrong time. I thought he was going into work even if it was late, but he showed up at the hospital at noon, saying he didn't go to work. Not sure exactly what he did from 8:30 to noon but apparently coming to the hospital to relieve his wife and let me go get food to eat wasn't on his agenda.

Anyhow... we were discharged around 1pm. It was horrible to watch them take the tape off of Porter's face. It took forever- it was that thin, thin tape that was like bonded to the skin. Porter screamed and was so upset and said *cry cry cry* "DAMN! DAMN! Oh darn!" *cry cry cry* I couldn't blame him... I'm sure it hurt like hell.

He's been a maniac since we got home. His appetite is back. He's on an antibiotic, steroid and breathing treatments. He's ALL over... he hasn't sat still for a minute. I, however, am exhausted. I'm so glad to be home and I really can't wait to go to work tomorrow and get a break from Porter. This week we'll all just be hanging out at home passing time and trying to get Porter back to 100%.

Well, I hope you all have had better weekends/beginning of the week than I have! I haven't had a chance to even look at any blogs. I now have 170 new feeds to read. And a session to finish proofing that was due this weekend.

16 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are home!

    PS It's the steriod that's making him crazy - don't worry, when he goes off of that, he'll be wiped out for a day or two which is nice after the craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you were paroled today! hope porter gets to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you're home. hope porter is feeling better. take care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're home, for everyone's sake! 1 home, 1 to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you can get some rest. i'm sure it feels great to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive been reading your blog for a few weeks, and its hilarious. i especially love your honesty. its refreshing. sending well wishes your way...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got to bring Porter home.
    Hope your little guy gets better real soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you guys are home! I have been so busy around cleaning the house this weekend and my computer was down the last two days, I now have 375 BLOGS to read!! Yikes! Good thing I start work again wednesday night, just to catch up on my blogs!! HAH!! Anyways, enjoy your day at school and I'll talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow I did not see this post prior to me posting my last post... could it be that it is 1:30am?

    Anyhow- I am glad to see that you guys are all home!!! On the road to a healthy family again!

    Get some rest- Im gonna be a better blogging buddy again- I promise! :O) I have been a little blog slacker lately! Gonna keep in touch!

    Thoughts and prayers are still goin on for you! I hope he continues to get better and be happy!

    XOXO Ang-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are back @ home & Porter is back on the road to normal :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you made it home. Poor P-man, I hope all the meds make him feel like his old self again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad that you are home and Porter is on the road to recovery! Still sending well wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to hear you are back home! The whole thing has to have been a horrible experience. I know it's brought back unpleasant memories of a similar trip for us when Alexis was 2-months. It's awful, absolutely awful, to be in the hospital with a sick kid.

    Now go get a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you're back home!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you guys are back home!!! There's no place like home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I have missed the last few posts. When I saw that picture of Porter and Ryan I almost cried myself. Like kim said, the steroids make kids hyper. Dylan was on them for a while, and he was nuts. You are doing a great job, really. I don't know how you are doing it all. Hope Porter gets better quickly.

    ReplyDelete