Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sentiments

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I also didn't get a chance to give a public shout out to my two birthday buddies.... Heather and Don. Yes, the three of us friends all share the same birthday. Ironic, huh?

I wish I could say my day was super duper wonderful and special but not so much. It pretty much went like any other day... work, home, whiny kids, husband gone to class all night. So, I was home all night alone with a messy house, no groceries and two whiny kids. We had pancakes for dinner and I spent most of the night after the kids were in bed fretting about how little time I have to get Christmas shopping done.

However, I must look at the positives of the day:
  • the teacher I work with threw me a little birthday party with juice boxes and cookies and handmade cards and the singing of happy birthday. Melt my heart. One little girl even brought me a present.... which I am pretty sure was her own stuffed animal but oh how sweet :)
  • I had a plate of yummy birthday brownies in the lounge at work for me from my birthday buddy.
  • I only had to work a half day
  • My mom stopped by for a bit and brought me a card, a picture for the house and some money. I'm going to use it to get a much-needed and wanted haircut.
  • Ryan brought me home a frosty from Wendy's
And, well, that's about it. Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes!

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a Great Day! You gotta love the gifts from students. When I taught dance I got all kinds of that stuff.

    Too Cute! Although, I kept all of the notes, letters and cards and it is so much fun to look back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it could have been better, but it could have been worse. Something my grandpa always says. Another positive - you are YOUNG. Way younger than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pancakes for dinner are a delightful treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I were still 27. :) I hope you have a great year!

    I love your new banner... super cute picture of the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthdays just aren't complete without a Frosty!

    ReplyDelete