Saturday, August 15, 2009

The wrong side

I woke up in a grumpy mood. You could say, possibly, the wrong side of the bed as somehow Porter ended up in bed with us, I was squished in the middle, Ryan took off to sleep in the guest room and I woke up on Ryan's side of the bed. So that's my excuse... I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I'm so over the past few weeks. I hate to complain as I am sooooo thankful that Ryan has a job in this economy but he's been busting his ass working 15 hour days for the past 2 weeks and I'm just over it. I know, I know, it could be a LOT worse. I just feel like my house is trashed 24/7, by the time I get caught up with one chore, there are 5 others to be done. The boys are constantly vying for my attention, that or arguing with each other.

Last night Ryan didn't get home until after 9pm. This morning his dad called to invite him to golf and much to my dismay, he accepted. He made the mistake of joking with Porter about going golfing too and he was all about it. The kid was flippin excited... he picked out his clothes and could barely organize his words to tell me what he picked out. It was adorable.

Hudson and I spent some much-needed 1 on 1 together and I swear the kid cracks me up. He's starting to say all sorts of words although if you're not famililar with his... accent.... you wouldn't know what he's saying. He tends to talk with his tongue on the roof of his mouth so his words are a bit nasally. I'm wondering if this will be a problem in the future...

We were supposed to work on our privacy fence this weekend but last night I sensed that after this work week Ryan wasn't really up to that big of a project. We still have about 2 yards of mulch piled in our front yard waiting for Ryan to disperse to the back yard. There are a million other things that I could use Ryan's help with, so you can imagine I'm not thrilled that he's out golfing today. Yeah, sure, his uncle is in town who we see once or twice a year but c'mon... we're going camping with them for 4 days over Labor Day... he'll see plenty of him then!

Somehow this week flew by and the Jackson County Fair ends today. And we still have not visited. I'm not sure if I should feel happy that we avoided the unsightly fair-goers or feel guilty that we haven't taken the boys yet. The Monster Trucks are this evening and I know Porter would LOVE it. I just can't kick the feeling that there are SO many other things we could get done around the house, and it'd be nice to not spend $100 at the fair this evening.

I should probably stop complaining... venting, that is... and get to work on this house. Its going to take much longer than an afternoon to get things in order after this week!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I too hate to complain about hubby's work in this economy, but I am also so over the long hours and the stress that he brings home when those long hours are over. I hope it gets better for you soon!

    And yeah for 1-on-1 time with Hudson! I so treasure those little moments when I get them with each of my kiddos (even if the only one I get with Briar is when she has blown out a diaper at 4:00 a.m.!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending David to the monster trucks with the boys by himself so I can get things done around the house. How's that for an idea??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand about the housework stuff - I feel like I am SOOO behind on everything. Plus, we have a bunch of extra projects to work on. I often wonder if my house will ever be clean/pick-up/organize or just presentable again! All of our extra is spent training for our triathlon, and then I'm exhausted the rest of the time because of the training.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya on the work thing....We NEVER have just a 40 hour normal schedule week with Jade around here. But, at the same time, I am SO thankful we still have his paycheck in this economy. It doesn't make being home w/out them easier though.

    ReplyDelete