Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pondering divorce....

Not for marital issues.  For educational issues.

Just got Ryan's statement for student loans.  $23,000.  Add that to my $55,000 in student loans and we're a whopping $80k in debt.  WTF WTF WTF.

He's been going to school while we are married and have 2 kids.... we get nada for student aid help.

So basically, we're both educated, married adults destined to be broke FOR-EV-ER.

I think we need to get divorced so that I can go to school for my Masters.  Because obviously the government only cares to help unmarried single mothers.  Eff that.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. We are in a similar boat. Two kids, I'm a stay-at-home-mom who has about two semesters worth of school to finish my BA. Although we only have one income and two wee-ones, hubby still makes "too much money" for any free financial aid. We live in the Cali (SF Bay Area), there is a huuuuge discrepency between what the feds think is a substantial income vs. the cost of living here in the Bay Area.

    ReplyDelete